Thursday, August 20, 2009

Enjoy the Universe Tonight

Since Speak & Spell in 1981 and "just can't get enough" that I have been listening to Depeche Mode. 1987 and Music for the Masses was a turning point for Depeche Mode. I recall DM taking over the charts and taking over the "masses". I loved that record, but somehow, I disliked the "mainstream" side effect and all the media hype at the time.
1997 was "Ultra" for sure.
The last two albums have been an act of greatness. Playing the Angel, 2005, was just fantastic. A mature DM presented us with some of the older sound and feeling from 1981/87.
Sounds of the Universe, 2009, has kept up with all my expectations and has been the soundtrack of my days since last April.

I am trully excited to finally see DM live, after all this years.
Santa Barbara Bowl here I come.


No comments:

Post a Comment