Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stubby Dawn Patrol

Got my Point Concept Stubby from Ryan Monday and a borowed center fin.
I'm so stoked...it's so gorgeous.
Tuesday 03.03.09, 6:30am I suited up at the usual parking lot.
Fast surf check: OK

At the point, the sets where breaking just behind the rocks. I went slightly to the left of the point and got a couple of nice set waves.
The Stubby paddles well and generates a lot of speed....but the powerless waves made it very hard work. The borowed center fin didn't let me bottom turn as sharp as the conditions were asking for - the set waves were closing out very fast.
As the tide dropped, the waves got hollow and the bottom very shallow...I took a last small ride to shore and went home. Santa Barbara hasn't seen one single decent surf day this winter...I'm so bummed. As I left the parking lot, Dave Johnson was suiting up.
Nex surf attack with a 3 fin set up is planned for friday 6:30am.



No comments:

Post a Comment